Sunday, April 11, 2010

In The Beginning...

A couple of weeks ago I started a project that's been sitting in the back of my mind for years ... build a robot based on an electric wheelchair. The idea certainly isn't new or original, but I wanted to get my hands dirty with some hardware that can move around in the world. I want to get my kids excited too, and show them the fun of building and experimentation.

I'll use this space to track the project, and keep a record of what I'm doing in the hope it will be interesting to others tackling similar projects.

So the line is drawn in the sand, and there's a pile of parts in the garage that will hopefully become something fun and exciting... I guess I should next explain the story behind that pile of parts, and how they might fit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment